Covering the costs of freedom.... and keeping FILM alive.
So Who, What, Where etc....
I'm Matt. I live in the NW of Scotland in a village called Inverie. It is on the mainland, but cut off from the road network, utility grids etc - so is effectively an Off-Grid community.
I moved here to the family house to be more at ease with myself. In so doing I have decided to do less of the work that has occupied me over the last 35 years - Outdoor Instructor and Guide, to focus more on creating a lifestyle that fits with my thoughts and being.
I have two main objectives:
1. To be creatively occupied through Analogue Film Photography. Using only film; using my own skills to both develop and make prints from the resulting images. Due to the generosity of one individual I have the ability to now make Darkroom 'Silver Gelatin' Prints.
2. To create a Food Forest / Permaculture / semi-sustainable food harvest utilising the 1/3rd acre plot at The Longhouse. Adding to the few fruit trees already here I am extending the small orchard, have created a veg area, and shall soon be constructing a Gothic Arch Poly-Tunnel.
I have one minor objective:
3. To continue to keep an interest in my main outdoor pursuit - Canadian Canoeing. After spending the last three Spring/Summer periods on extended journeys in Canada I am planning a further journey for 2023 of up to 12 weeks duration in the Barrenlands of Northern Canada. I'm sure that between then and now i will make other trips to Europe, Scotland and Canada as I have done for many, many years past.
Any donations are warmly welcomed.
Donating through the Liberapay link can be any amount you wish - it will all be appreciated. You could donate for the servers etc or you could donate to keep me in a supply of Photographic Film, Paper or Developing materials; Donate over the year and take a canoe trip with me in return...
Here is what I have to pay:
- Domain name: £10/year
- Mastodon Server: £5/month
- AWS Server: £2 -£5/month
- 100 sheet pack Photo Paper (7" x 5"): £32.00
- B&W Film: £3.50 - £12.00
- Chemicals to develop up to 15 B&W Films: £30.00
- Chemicals to print 100 B&W Photo's: £20.00
- Packet Veg seed: upto £3.00
- Fruit Tree: £15.00 - £40.00
In return I will give you exclusive access to:
For donations in excess of £1.00/month
Access to early editions of bi-yearly Zines comprising digital reproductions of Film based images throughout each half-year.
- Two zines per year featuring images taken, developed and printed during the corresponding segment.
- Printed on 170gsm paper with a 250gsm cover.
- LE of #25 per segment.
- I will offer #25 LE Prints unmounted, 7" x 5".
For donations in excess of £2.00/month.
Limited Edition Darkroom prints - Handprinted Silver Gelatin 12" x 9.5" prints (unmounted).
- Each month I will choose ONE print from those I have worked on. I'll offer these as a limited edition of #5.
For donations in excess of £10.00/month.
Limited Edition Darkroom prints - Handprinted Silver Gelatin 12" x 9.5" prints (mounted).
- Each month I will choose ONE print from those I have worked on. I'll offer these as a limited edition of #3.
- You will receive a boxed pack of each monthly print as a 7" x 5", unmounted set (12 prints per box).
For Donations in excess of £300.00/ year.
Access to VIP Canoe Adventure here in Scotland.
- A 2 - 4 day Canoe Journey in a special area of Scotland.
- Timing to be determined, but likely to be either October of the same year or May of the following year.
- No prior experience necessary.
- Most equipment supplied (will be discussed as required).
- Each year there shall be two 'draws' - Every six months I will enter all those who donate in to a draw for a Photographic Print (12" x 16").
Limited Editions - are on a first come, first served basis. All donors will be notified of offer availability via https://matt-social.co.uk.
Matt-Social owns the following accounts on other platforms:
Matt-Social joined 1 year ago.