The Diligent Circle
Libre open source game developer
Welcome to our Liberapay page! We are The Diligent Circle, a plural system with two known members: Layla (she/her) and Emmy (they/them). We make games, mostly video games, and this page is about supporting us so we can work on these projects more.
We started making video games all the way back in middle school. Over the years we've made some honestly kind of bad games, and we've done some work that we're proud of. Nowadays, in addition to video games, we have an interest in developing and exploring card games and board games as well (when we have a good idea for them), and have designed our ideal trading card game.
We take great pride in our work. In the case of copyrightable works, especially video games and other software, we always release what we create under a libre open source license. That is a promise to you: if we end up not finishing a game, you always have the right to pick it up and finish it yourself if you are so inclined. In that sense, none of what we do ever truly goes to waste.
Some of our most notable projects include:
- Hexoshi, a libre open source Metroid-like game.
- Keeper of the Cards, a trading card game inspired by Duel Masters and Yu-Gi-Oh (among others) with the key distinction being that it allows players to make their own cards, though it also has an original dice mechanic for battles. We still both maintain this game (evaluating and improving if necessary) and play it, when we get the chance.
- Contributions to Naev, of which we are a project member, although it should be noted, this page has no connection to the Naev project other than the fact that we happen to contribute to it. We have been one of the most prolific contributors to Naev for quite some time and intend to continue that trend. Some of our notable contributions in the past include creating several new and/or improved standard missions (e.g. the bounty mission, the piracy mission, and the patrol mission, just to name a few), creating almost the entire FLF campaign, fixing language that assumed the player's gender, improving the game's controls, improving the Lua API, streamlining the game in various ways, and fixing numerous bugs. You can see a full list of our past contributions to Naev on GitHub by searching for commits by onpon4 ("onpon4" is our GitHub account). We still have a lot of ideas for Naev which are constantly evolving along with the game.
- Scenarios for MegaGlest, usually tactical scenarios (effectively extending this great RTS to make it an RTT as well). Some scenarios we've made in the past include Warlock Overlords and Native Unrest.
- Maintaining Project: Starfighter as necessary.
- Maintaining ReTux as necessary.
- Exploring new possibilities for games and art of all kinds.
By supporting us here, you give us more time to work on projects such as these rather than look for other ways to make money. Every bit is greatly appreciated.
diligentcircle owns the following accounts on other platforms:
macrociv 0 Updated 2 weeks ago
Macrociv, a ruleset for Freeciv
diligentcircle joined 3 years ago.