Help me fund independent mesh networking research
I work on a distributed mesh networking project called irdest, which makes it easier to link wireless devices together on the fly, without needing to trust centralised infrastructure, like phone networks or application servers.
I started working with Rust in 2017, and have been an active member of the community since then. I'm part of the command line working group, and community team, and contribute to various projects, hoping to improve developer and user ergonomics.
Some of the crates I work on are:
- cargo-workspace2 — a CLI and library to manage cargo workspaces (like publishing with intra-workspace dependencies, etc)
- barrel — a builder for SQL migrations, in production use by various companies
- alexandria — a fully encrypted and identity concealing database, written as part of irdest
- traduki — a lightweight translation management framework for Rust applications
- various other crates as part of the CLI working group
I sometimes help maintain NixOS things, ranging from packages to small modules, and I have a personal NixOS fork (of sorts) which tracks
nixpkgs and adds custom modules, which is called libkookie.
I also spent the last year on the RFC Steering Committee.
Keeping up with my work
spacekookie owns the following accounts on other platforms:
spacekookie joined 3 years ago.