French translator of the Python documentation, with "a few" pet projects
Here's a few projects on which I work:
A Python training platform written in Python
Hackinscience is a free and open source Python learning platform, it already helped more than 500 people to learn Python by correcting more than 30k exercises.
I do not spend enough time on it, I could create more exercises and enhance automatic correction bot.
Helping organize PyCon FR
Since 2019 I help organizing PyCon in France, I mainly care with sponsors and the servers, but also during the event.
AFPy events in Paris, France
Since 2018 I try to boost the French Python community around Paris by organizing workshops around the Python translation, and differnt kind of meetups
Translation workshops have a visible impact on the translation progression: https://framagit.org/JulienPalard/write-the-docs-paris-19/-/raw/master/fr_translation_percent.png
Translating the Python documentation in French
I rebooted the project to translate the Python documentation in french around 2015 (the project is born around 2000 but has been discontinued multiple times). Since then we're more and more to translate, and we're, in 2020, at 43% translated!
Contributing to CPython
When I still have free time I try to help with CPython:
- By proofreading some pull requests
- By fixing some easy bugs like enhancing the documentation, or harder like cache invalidation problems.
- By maintaining docsbuild-scripts, the cron updating docs.python.org.
A bunch of side projects ...
- logtop, a live log analyzer, equivalent to
tail -f ... | sort | uniq -c | sort -gr | head(but live).
- moreutils, I rewrote
isutf8to be more explicit about the issue found.
- pipe a library to add infix syntax to Python. (700+ stars on github).
- pomerge, powrap, pogrep, pospell : tools to handle huge (or multiple)
- turtl-backup to backup a turtl account.
- 160+ other projets on github.
JulienPalard owns the following accounts on other platforms:
JulienPalard joined 3 months ago.