Here is a list of differences between them:
- The payment processing fees are usually lower with Stripe than with PayPal.
- Stripe allows renewing donations automatically, whereas PayPal currently requires donors to confirm every payment.
- Stripe allows donating to multiple creators at once in some cases, whereas PayPal always requires separate payments.
- PayPal payments require redirecting the donor to PayPal's website, whereas Stripe is integrated into Liberapay.
- Stripe makes SEPA Direct Debits easy for European donors.
- Stripe allows creators to configure automatic payouts to their bank accounts.
- PayPal only supports 22 of the 33 currencies supported by Liberapay and Stripe.
- PayPal is available to creators in more than 200 countries, whereas Stripe only supports 42 countries in a suitable way.
You can find more information on supported countries and currencies in the “Global” page.