Open Book Publishers
We're a not-for-profit, scholar-led Open Access academic press making outstanding books free to read
We're Open Book Publishers, a not-for-profit, scholar-led Open Access academic press, and we’re dedicated to making outstanding books that are free for everybody to read. If you believe that knowledge should be available to everyone, you can support our work with a monthly pledge and become part of the OBP community!
N.B. Donors on Liberapay appear anonymously. We love to hear from our donors and find out more about who you are and why you support us: please contact Lucy Barnes on <firstname.lastname@example.org> if you'd like to get in touch!
Watch a video about us here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xTUNONQ2gI
What we do
- We publish on average two new books a month, and they are all rigorously peer-reviewed, beautifully made, and completely free to read and download in their entirety
- We have produced more than 100 top-quality titles by some of the world’s leading scholars, including Noam Chomsky, Amartya Sen, and Ruth Finnegan
- We’ve had over two million readers from all over the world and we don’t charge them a penny. Our authors don’t pay to publish with us either
- We are involved in a variety of software development projects, from XML publishing to usage data aggregation: we are committed to making all this Open Source to make it easier for others to start their own Open Access publishers
Why you should join us
All the money we make goes into creating more books for everyone to read. If you pledge to support our work, you will:
- Be listed on our website as a supporter (if you’d like to be)
- Be directly responsible for the creation of new books
- If we can raise €100 a month ($115) for a year, that will fund a new work in its entirety!
If you believe knowledge should be available to everyone, regardless of cost, join us - your contribution will make a real difference.
OpenBookPublishers owns the following accounts on other platforms:
personised-books 1 Updated 5 years ago
Instructions on how to create your own book from one of ours
obp_institution_api (fork) 0 Updated 2 years ago
obp_institution_client (fork) 0 Updated 2 years ago
Ant Design React client to obp_institution_api
author-reports (fork) 0 Updated 2 years ago
Statistics reporting system for authors.
cidrize_wacky_ranges (fork) 0 Updated 2 years ago
obp_institution_db (fork) 0 Updated 2 years ago
geturls (fork) 0 Updated 2 years ago
Extact all URLs from anchor and image tags within a html/xhtml page and its children.
archiveurl (fork) 0 Updated 2 years ago
Archive a URL in Internet Archive's Wayback Machine.
readthedocs (fork) 0 Updated 2 years ago
obp_mysql_database (fork) 0 Updated 2 years ago
Common setup for OBP's MySQL databases.
epublius (fork) 0 Updated 2 years ago
Generates a stylised HTML site from an ePub book
XML-last (fork) 0 Updated 2 years ago
Extract-citations (fork) 0 Updated 3 years ago
filter-awstats-csv (fork) 0 Updated 3 years ago
Remove suspicious requests from awstats CSV reports
book-metadata-jsonld (fork) 0 Updated 3 years ago
Read book metadata from a spreadsheet an produce JSON-LD scripts in http://schema.org/Book format
pdf_to_book_reader (fork) 0 Updated 4 years ago
Generates a stylised HTML site (instantiating the Internet Archive's Book Reader) from a PDF of a book
PDF-Mine (fork) 0 Updated 4 years ago
This Python library examines a PDF and extracts text blocks, videos, internal and external links, and their positions
OpenConCam (fork) 0 Updated 4 years ago
pdfminer (fork) 0 Updated 5 years ago
Python PDF Parser
OpenBookPublishers joined 2 years ago.