Creating free and open source games
my name is Marco (AKA Zughy) and I'm an Italian pixel artist. I've been enjoying developing games since I was a child, back to RPG Maker 2k3 (<3) then, and to Godot and Minetest today. Creating games is something I keep doing it in my free time as I don't want to turn it into a job, due to my quite lack of trust in the gaming industry nowadays.
I'm currently developing mods for Minetest, but my secret wish is to bring back what I loved playing when I was a teenager in a non-voxel world. One step at a time :)
My Minetest mods
- arena_lib: an API to easily implement as many mini-games as you want in your Minetest server
- Hub manager: convert your world in a giant mini-games lobby with several features, such as profiles and leaderboards. Add-on for mods like arena_lib
- Magic Compass: have players teleport to predefined locations, via a handy menu featuring a high level of customisation
- Parties: create or join parties to play in the company of other people
- Quake: a multiplayer arena mini-game inspired by the game of the same name
- panel_lib: an API to easily create complex HUDs
Learning how to make mods on Minetest
- Modding Book: I translated in Italian the official book for anyone who wants to try creating mods
My texture pack
- Soothing 32: 5 times lighter than Minetest's, it could run on a toaster. And it's also nicer 💆
If you wanna try them out, feel free to join "FOSSa delle Papere", the server created by the group of volunteers about digital ethics I'm in (Etica Digitale)
Zughy joined 4 months ago.