Creating free and open-source development tools in Python
Hi, I'm Chase. I'm trying to write tools that redefine our relationship with code, with an emphasis on metaprogramming and global optimization techniques. Some of these include:
- astpath - A command-line search utility and library for robustly pattern-matching code on an AST-level, using XPath queries.
- monkeys - A strongly-typed genetic programming framework meant to make automatic code generation accessible, quick, flexible, and fun.
- xpyth - A module for querying the DOM tree and generating XPath expressions using native Python comprehension syntax.
- showast - An IPython/Jupyter notebook plugin for visualizing abstract syntax trees, used in the curriculum at Bryn Mawr college.
- bellybutton - A fully customizable Python linter that enables project-specific static analysis.
My goal is to not only continue maintaining these projects, but to also realize as many new and backlogged tooling ideas as possible, and, furthermore, begin streaming my development for the benefit of others - all of which your patronage would greatly help support.
hchasestevens owns the following accounts on other platforms:
astpath 85 Updated 1 month ago
A command-line search utility for Python ASTs using XPath syntax.
bellybutton 116 Updated 1 month ago
Custom Python linting through AST expressions
monkeys 73 Updated 4 months ago
A strongly-typed genetic programming framework for Python
hchasestevens.github.io 668 Updated 4 months ago
A collection of miscellaneous thoughts that aren't on my blog.
tracing 30 Updated 7 months ago
Utilities for tracing program execution line-by-line
show_ast 45 Updated 7 months ago
An IPython notebook plugin for visualizing ASTs.
asttools 0 Updated 1 year ago
minmax 0 Updated 1 year ago
with 249 others
hchasestevens joined 7 months ago.