♥ Sponsor me to design, build, and maintain open-source software.
With your support, I will be able to spend more time designing, building, and maintaining open-source software. Listed below are some of the free software projects and free cultural works I hope to complete.
VOLANO™ Chat Server
- Manage contributions to the open-source VOLANO chat server.
- Switch the build automation from Apache Ant and GNU Make to Gradle.
- Refactor the VOLANO chat server for the latest Java Development Kit (JDK).
- Develop a new client for the modern Web to replace the existing Java applets.
- Publish the VOLANO chat server for Linux as an app in the Snap Store.
- Create a Web administrator interface for managing the VOLANO chat server.
- Post articles about running Ubuntu and writing cross-platform apps for e-paper.
- Write a book on programming electronic ink, published under a CC BY-SA license.
- Create open-source themes in monochrome and grayscale for JavaFX on e-paper.
- Develop useful open-source apps for e-paper and publish them in the Snap Store.
- Port the Java Swing framework to e-paper displays for access to native features.
- Investigate porting Flutter and Qt for Python to devices with e-paper displays.
jgneff owns the following accounts on other platforms:
volano 1 Updated 1 week ago
VOLANO Chat Server
epd-javafx 4 Updated 2 months ago
Tests the support for e-paper displays in JavaFX 13
openjdk-freetype 3 Updated 2 months ago
OpenJDK FreeType Font Fix for Debian & Ubuntu
jgneff joined 2 months ago.