online magazine explaining the world in a way you can understand, and helping others to do the same
Snipette is an online magazine, publishing articles on topics such as science, history, and environment. We try to explain our sometimes complicated subjects in layman's terms and in a (hopefully) fun and interesting way.
We also have a Writers' Programme, where we guide new or un-confident writers through the process of creating a piece, tailoring our advice to their needs and writing style. While they are our primary focus, established writers sometimes use this to get the hang of the #SnipetteStyle as well.
At Snipette, we try to be more participative in the process than most editors, by actually participating (where needed, of course) in the early ideating and outlining stages and thinking up new ways to take the article to the next level. Our priority is not to "let the author do all the creative work": it's to pitch in as best we can to make the perfect article.
This Liberapay page is not to be confused with our ongoing Membership Programme. The Membership Programme lets you can join in order to receive print of PDF copies of Snipette and a few extra perks besides. The revenue from that programme is meant to:
- pay for our domain and website
- cover any other running costs we may have (internet, power, etc.)
- fund us editors, and new people who want to join our team
- give the rest to our authors
If you want to get something in return for your money, you should sign up on our Membership Programme instead of donating through Liberapay.
While the membership programme gives us some income, what we want most is to fund our authors—without whom, after all, Snipette would be nothing but an empty page. Because of this, we have decided to use Liberapay revenue exclusively for author and editor payouts.
- once we cross our goal of ₹300 (around $4), we will begin paying authors for the pieces they write with us
- we may, in future, use this fund to pay our editors as well. We have no concrete plans for this as of now, and will wait until the authors start making a reasonable amount before dipping into it for editors.
Your Liberapay donations are anonymous (except when using PayPal, for technical reasons), but they do come with a deep appreciation and thank-you from our end. We'd feel very happy to know you're here with us!
snipettemag owns the following accounts on other platforms:
snipettemag joined 1 year ago.