Zed is creating Nitter, an alternative Twitter front-end
A free and open source alternative Twitter front-end focused on privacy.
If you find Nitter useful and would like to see the features mentioned below implemented, please consider donating. In the past few months I've worked hard to ensure feature parity with Twitter, making parsing and rendering as complete and correct as possible. Along with rewriting the backend to use Twitter's new API, caching has been reworked to cache even more data, making Nitter twice as fast. The next steps are supporting embeds, developing an account system, content archival, adding an API, and more. These tasks require a lot of time, so all help is appreciated.
- All requests go through the backend, client never talks to Twitter
- Unofficial API (no rate limits or developer account required)
- AGPLv3 licensed, no proprietary instances permitted
- Lightweight (for @nim_lang, 58KB vs 784KB from twitter.com)
- Native RSS feeds
- Mobile support (responsive design)
zedeus owns the following accounts on other platforms:
nitter 4658 Updated 1 week ago
Alternative Twitter front-end
with 671 others
zedeus joined 2 years ago.